Yarida Level 9 & Piekron Level 9
Spears, Pikes, Lances
|“||The pikes of these elite troops poke holes in the foe's front lines.||”|
|— US In-game description.|
DescriptionWooyari is a unit introduced in Patapon 3. He is a Chigyobi Yaripon. Wooyari is a completely new take on Yaripon, has a dark blue cape, and a mask that looks like a fish (Chigyobi). Unlike other Yaripons, which throw spears from a distance, Wooyari gets up to the enemies and either swings or stabs at them. However, Wooyari is very vulnerable at close range combat, so having him with high defense, attack, critical and resistance stats is highly recommended.
Wooyari evolves at Level 11 and Level 20.
EquipmentWooyari can use:
- Spears from unlocking.
- Pikes from level 11.
- Lances from level 15.
Hero Mode: FlamespinPlough forward while deflecting enemy ranged attacks with flaming spears attached to rapidly spinning wheels.
Activate: PON PON CHAKA CHAKA ~ PON PON PATA PON
Combo: PON PON PATA PON
Wooyari begins spinning his weapon at a high speed to create a ring of fire that inflicts damage and sets grass on fire. Even if weapon doesn't have any Fire rate it will still ignite enemies. Also, spears and arrows that hit the ring are stopped. Wooyari's Flamespin changes to a ring of ice when equipped with an Ice Pike or Ice Lance, which has Freeze properties rather than Burn.The size of the ring depends of the size of the weapon being used (largest ring size being when wielding Pikes). During Hero Mode, Wooyari is either immune to fire if he has a fire ring, or immune to freeze if he has an ice ring.
Status effects are very likely due to the amount of times Wooyari hits his foes. Also, it's better to use his set skill ( Fish In Pond, Big Fish In Pond ).
All charged attacks or attacks made during Fever will consist of two attacks: a downward swing and a thrust (the swing is more powerful than the thrust). This skill can be upgraded by using charged attacks or attacks made whilst in fever. Fully upgrading this skill unlocks Three Strike.
This Class Skill is superior to Two Strike. All charged attacks or attacks made during Fever will consist of three attacks: a downward swing, a thrust, and another swing. This skill can be upgraded by using charged attacks or attacks made whilst in fever. Fully upgrading this skill unlocks Four Strike.
This Class Skill is superior to Three Strike. All charged attacks or attacks made during Fever will consist of four attacks: two swings and two thrusts. This skill can be upgraded by using charged attacks or attacks made whilst in fever. Fully upgrading this skill unlocks Five Strike.
This Class Skill is superior to Four Strike. All charged attacks or attacks made during Fever will consist of five attacks: two swings and three thrusts. This skill can be upgraded by using charged attacks or attacks made whilst in fever. Fully upgrading this skill unlocks Six Strike.
This Class Skill is superior to Five Strike. All charged attacks or attacks made during Fever will consist of six attacks: two swings and four thrusts. This skill can be upgraded by using charged attacks or attacks made whilst in fever. Fully upgrading this skill grants a bonus of +50% boost to attack power.
Wooyari originally equips four set skills. From level 20 he can equip another set skill, for a total of five set skills.
Fish in Pond
Power-up when it's raining! Also, resistance to all status effects is boosted. Unlocked at level 10.
Big Fish in Pond
Huge power-up when it's raining! Also, resistance to all status effects is boosted. Unlocked at level 15.
50% boost to attack power when equipped with a pike. Unlocked at level 25.
Uberhero Only. 10% boost to various stats for entire team when it´s raining! Effect combined if other members use the same Set Skill. Unlocked at Level 32.
For more statistics, go to the Patapon 3 Uberhero Statistics page.
- Wooyari performs best in rain, but the effect of Flamespin (fire-variant) is also weakened from rain.
- It's highly recommended to use Wooyari's Set Skills: "Fish in pond" and "Big fish in pond" with Piekron's "Rain Dance".
- Wooyari and Cannassault are the only Spear classes to use melee-based attacks.
- Because of its long pike, Wooyari has the largest enemy detection area in Patapon 3 out of the Patapon race. Buzzcrave is the Dark Hero counterpart that has the largest enemy detection area, since he can equip pikes.
- Wooyari is the Hero counterpart of Naughtyfins, since they both wield spears, lances and pikes. They also have supporting Set Skills that use Rain.
- Part of his name is "yari", which is Japanese for "spear".
- Wooyari's weapon arsenal mainly consists of [Stab] weapons, however, the Pike "Super Cedar Log" has [Strike] as its attack as well as the Repel Spear.
- Wooyari's large hit enemy detection can be used to a certain extent to finish off as many monsters as possible in one screen, along with the number of hits Wooyari can execute in every measure. (e.g Fifty Cyclopes)
- Wooyari and Charibasa are the only Spear classes in the game to gain a welcome bonus for levelling up all the Class Skills.
- Unlike Grenburr, who gains HP and resistance to status effects with weapons he equips; (excl. Axes) Wooyari on the other hand, has high attack power, but his weapons do not provide resistance and HP boost, like most classes.
List of Uberheroes
|Spear Class:||Yarida - Kibadda - Piekron - Wooyari - Pyokorider - Cannassault - Charibasa|
|Shield Class:||Taterazay - Destrobo - Guardira - Tondenga - Myamsar - Bowmunk - Grenburr|
|Archer Class:||Yumiyacha - Alosson - Wondabarappa - Jamsch - Oohoroc - Pingrek - Cannogabang|