- Other than in Patapon 1 resources for building/evolving Patapon and Rarepons are no longer strictly mathematics. Instead, the Evolution Map tells you which resources are needed to create or improve them, when they are highlighted for you. Of course, the items have a certain "level", depending on their rarity and ease of acquisition.
- All resources are listed in increasing rarity in their respective groups.
Aquisition Through Minigames
The level/rarity of the item(s) you receive are dependant on how well you did in the minigame, but more importantly the level you played it on.
- The Tree minigame gives Level 1-4 Woods, Meats, Woods, Stones, Fangs, Bones, and Hides. Useful for strengthening a variety of units.
- The Flower Minigame gives Level 1-4 Vegetables. Useful for strengthening Megapons and Toripons.
- The Mountain minigame gives Level 1-4 Minerals (Rocks, Ores, etc.) Useful for strengthening Tatepons and Yaripons.
- The Cooking minigame gives Level 1-5 Stews. Useful for boosting HP/strength on a difficult boss/mission.
- The Liquid/Chemistry/Alchemy minigame gives Level 1-4 Liquids. Useful for strengthening Mahopons.
List of Resources
Cafeteria Meat (Leather Meat)
- Dropped by: Mochichis , Pekkora, and other common creatures, Tree Minigame (All Levels), and Mammoth bosses.
Succulent Meat (Dream Meat)
- Dropped by: Usually by Momotis and other rare creatures, sometimes by the Tree Minigame (Level 2+), and by Mammoth bosses uncommonly.
- Dropped by: Motististis, some really rare creatures, rarely from the Tree Minigame (Level 3) and by Mammoth bosses rarely also.
- Dropped by:Very rare, only and rarely from Mammoth bosses.
- Dropped by: Kacheeks, Rappapa, and Pekkora, by Garuru boss and by the Tree Minigame (All Levels).
- Dropped by: Pekkora, by Garuru boss and the Tree Minigame (All Levels).
- Dropped by: Pekkora rarely, beating Nanjaro Hill Course, Garuru boss and Tree minigame (Level 2+).
- Dropped by:Very rarely by Pekkora, best option is Garuru boss, and the Tree Minigame (Level 3).
- Dropped by:Very rare hide, can be sometimes found in both training games(Nanjaro Hill Course and sometimes Juju Jungle Course), but mostly dropped by Garuru and can be obtained in "Paragate" from Goruru and Garuru bosses.
- Dropped by: Basic Kacheeks, Tree Minigame (All Levels) and Centura bosses
- Dropped by: Various Kacheeks, Mostly from Nyoriki Swamp, also from Centura bosses, and the Tree Minigame (All Levels).
On a side note... Do Patapon even have necks?!?
- Dropped by: Tree Minigame (Level 2+), Ujis, and Centura bosses.
- Dropped by:Very rare, it is dropped only from Centura bosses and the patagate.
- Dropped by: Rarely Mochichis, usually Momotis, the Tree Minigame (All Levels), and Mochichichi bosses.
- Dropped by: Rarely Momotis, sometimes by other creatures, the Tree Minigame (Level 2+), and the Mochichichi bosses.
- Dropped by: Rarely come from very valuable creatures, but usually cames from Motsitsi, Mochichichi and Fenicchi bosses, and Tree Minigame (Level 3).
- Dropped by: Fenicci boss, and Mochichichi after it has reached lv. 25 or 17, by doing the obstacle course, and by defeating Mochichichi each time in the Patagate after 6 times.
- Dropped by: Dodonga Bosses, Mountain Minigame (All Levels), piles of grass, and Karmen Fortresses.
- Dropped by: Treasure Box in Juju Jungle Course, and Nanjaro Hill Course, and stone barriers, Dodonga bosses, Mountain Minigame (All Levels) and Karmen Fortresses.
- Dropped by:Dodonga Bosses, Mountain Minigame (Level 2+), and rarely by Karmen Fortresses.
- Dropped by: Dodonga Bosses, Mountain Minigame (Level 3), and by multiplayer gaming in "Patagate".
- Dropped by: Rarely by Dodonga Bosses, and "Patagate".
Wood Branch (Banal Branch)
- Dropped by: Destroyed grass and fortresses, Dogaeen Boss and by the Tree Minigame (All Levels).
- Dropped by: Some Karmen buildings, Tree Minigame (All Levels), and by the Dogaeen Boss.
- Dropped by: Poocheek, Tree Minigame (Level 2+), Nanjaro Hill Course, and Dogaeen boss.
- Dropped by: Tree Minigame and Dogaeen boss.
- Dropped by: Rarely by Dogaeen Boss and paraget.
- Dropped by: Fortresses, Rappapa, Flower Minigame (All Levels), and Zaknel bosses.
Blood Carrot (Crying Carrot)
- Dropped by: Kunel Bosses and Flower Minigame (All Levels).
- Dropped by: Flower Minigame (Level 2+), Kunel bosses and some fortresses.
Moor Morel (Hazy Shroom)
- Dropped by: Flower minigame (Level 3), and Kunel bosses.
- Dropped by: Very rarely by Kunel bosses(Zaknel, Dokaknel).
On a Side Note: It's name may be based on a Filipino Fruit, Durian
- Dropped by: Shookle, Shooshookle (Patagate only) bosses, and Gancheeks in The Mystery of Smokestorms in the Desert.
- Dropped by: Shookle, ShooShookle ("Paragate" only) bosses, and Gancheeks in The Mystery of Smokestorms in the Desert.
- Dropped by: Shookle and ShooShookle ("Paragate" only) bosses. One of rare drops in the defense training level 3
- Dropped by: Rarely from Shookle and ShooShookle ("Paragate" only) bosses.
Mater Seed (Mater Sprout)
- Dropped by: Very rarely, from Shookle and Shooshookle ("Paragate" only) bosses.
Blunt Alloy (Sloppy Alloy)
- Dropped by: Parcheeks, (crab-like creatures on hunting), Kanogias, Ganodias, and the Anvil Minigame (Level 1).
- Dropped by:Parcheeks, Kanogias, Ganodias,and the Anvil Minigame (Level 1, Perfect).
- Dropped by: Uncommon, dropped only by Kanogias, Ganodias and the Anvil Minigame (Level 2, Hard Iron).
- Dropped by: Rarely, Dropped Only by Kanogias and Ganodias, you can also get it from the Anvil Minigame (Level 2, Mithril, after Divine Weapons) or Anvil Minigame (Level 3, Hard Iron).
- Dropped by: Very Rarely, dropped only by Kanogias and Ganodias. Can also be made in Anvil Minigame (Level 3, Adamantine, after Demon Weapons).
Familiar Juice (Familiar Liquid)
- Dropped by: Liquid Minigame (Any Level, Imperfect), Cioking Boss, Babatos
Hot Juice (Hot Liquid)
- Dropped by:Liquid minigame (Level 1, Perfect), Cioking bosses, Pipats (Babatto's family)
Cold Juice (Cold Liquid)
- Dropped by: Liquid minigame (Level 2, Perfect), Cioking bosses, Dobattos (Babato's family)
Rainbow Juice (Rainbow Liquid)
- Dropped by: Liquid minigame (Level 3, Perfect), Cioking bosses
Demon Juice (Demon Liquid)
- Dropped by: Rarely, from Cioking bosses.
Use of Resources in Minigames
These materials will help your Patapons level up, and become Rarepons. There are 16 to choose from, and depending on the Rarepon, and the class of Patapon, specific materials will have to be used to upgrade them. Rarepons start off at Level 1, they reach mature age at Level 5, and show their full potiental at Level 10. The minigames that supply the materials only get you the Level 1-4, for the Level 5, bosses will have to be defeated to retrieve them, or the Hero Patapon must go into the Paragate. The Blacksmith minigame requires Ka-ching as well as ore, but can make better alloys, and equipment, and the Bell minigame requires some Level 1-3 materials to earn Ka-ching to support the other minigames, and Patapon development.
While necessary for certain items, minigames do not yield as many resources as a properly farmed boss. Bosses automatically drop an item when staggered. By putting a status effect such as sleep, knockback or freeze before staggering the boss, a level 3+ item will be guaranteed. The most effective combination is Menyokki (tree) and Mashu (mushroom). Menyokki's Cnc is 200%, the highest of any rarepon and the stat which regulates stagger. Mashu specializes in both sleep and knockback effects, making them the most multi-purpose rarepon for inflicting status effects. Yumipon are the ideal pon to evolve, as they all can hit when attacking, they have the greatest range of attack (both near and far targets) and their triple shoot when in fever mode. Just remember to have a melee squad to pick up all the loot.
As each boss is associated with a single item, you will need to be sure to choose the right one:
- Meats: Manboth/Manboroth
- Hides: Goruru/Garuru
- Fangs: Centura/Darantula
- Bones: Mochichichi/Fenicchi
- Stones: Dodonga/Majidonga/Kacchindonga
- Wood: Gaeen/Dogaeen
- Vegetables: Zaknel/Dokaknel
- Seeds: Shookle/Shooshookle
- Alloys: Kanogias/Ganodias
- Liquids: Ciokina/Cioking
Once you have a full squad of yumipons evolved, focus on the second tier bosses. Their increased health means they can withstand more damage, which means more materials.
- Seeds are the only materials not obtained through Minigames.
- Shadow Edge's Item List