Mashu (aka Mushroom-Pon) is a type of Rarepon found in Patapon 2. Its evolutions are called Mashuro, and Mashuriro. They have excellent Knockback and Sleep Ratios and like Sabara they also resist sleep attacks as they evolve, becoming immune at level 10, however they are incredibly weak to fire. Next to Menyokki, Mashu are the best for Farming boss spoils due to their Sleep, and Knockback Ratios. They work well with Megapons, because the music can do more damage and more possibility to stun the enemy. The additional Knockback ratio also benefits classes with high mobility (Kibapon), or an ability to inflict damage in one area. (e.g Yaripon Hero)
Level 1 Description: These Rarepons cause knock back and sleep effects. Their ability to take out enemies will increase as they level up. Weak against fire, strong against sleep attacks.
Level 5 Description: These Rarepons have improved knock back and sleep effects. Their increased ability to take out enemies during battle will help sway any battle; however, they are still weak against fire.
Level 10 Description: These Rarepons can knock enemies back a long distance and send them to an unwaking sleep. They also resist sleep completely, but they're still weak against fire.
|Appearance:||mushroom, shroom, fungus|
|Attack Speed:||0||CNC Ratio:||0|
|Resist Ignite:||0||Ignite Ratio:||0|
|Resist Freeze:||0||Freeze Ratio:||0|
|Resist Sleep:||0||Sleep Ratio:||+300%|
|18x Lv4||18x Lv4||15x Lv3||6x Lv3|
- In Patapon 3, Mashu (and mushroom enemies, such as Matango) aren't just affiliated to Sleep like in Patapon 2, they're also linked to Poison and other status effects.
- Mashu and Menyokki units can be a good combo for farming in Patapon 2. Given Mashu's high sleep rate & Menyokki's high stagger rate, When enemies sleep and when staggered, they drop higher tier items. Coincidentally, both of these Rarepons are not an animal type Rarepon and are susceptible to Fire.
- Mashu is one of the best resource gathering Rarepons in Patapon 2 because it can deal knockback and sleep. While not directly getting resources, if sleeping doesn't work, knockback may get inflicted to a boss during a resource gathering mission.
- To enhance Mashu's natural KB and Sleep ratio, use Dream or Divine equipment.
- Level 10 Mashuriro can deal a whopping 400% KB ratio with Divine Equipment, which is one of the highest ratios in the game.