Kibapons are the Patapon army's cavalry unit. Equipped with horses (warhorses and, for a certain class, shield, in Patapon 3) and halberds, Kibapons deal heavy damage and knockback enemy troops. While normally useless, their speed and knockback greatly increases in Fever Mode. A full Kibapon squad consists of 3 Kibapons. "Kiba" (騎馬) means "horse-rider" in Japanese.
DescriptionEditThe Kibapons go riding valiantly into battle on horseback, who withdraw after dealing hits. Their defense goes up during Fever and they can deal consecutive damage to any enemy they touch. They are extremely weak when not in Fever, but it's easy to get dependent on them. They're one of the best damage dealers of the Patapon army, with strong equipment, and when used correctly.
AcquisitionEditZaknel in the Deplorable Desert and retrieving Kibapon's Memory. They are created by using Stones and Ores.
This is the easiest to get, as the option to evolve into a Pyopyo is already unlocked. They are created with Bones and Wood. Later, you will need Hides to improve their levels.
To unlock Kibadda, you need to level Yarida to level 3.
To unlock Pyokorider, you need to level Kibadda to level 8.
The Kibapons charge at enemies within a short range.
If used while not in Fever, Kibapons will do the same charge as in Fever mode. If used while in Fever, however, Kibapons will stay at the extent of their charge after attacking. When the attack song is used again, they will immediately begin charging again from that point, dealing maximum damage before going back again.
The Destroyer:The Kibapon Hero will charge forward with a purple aura, and attempt to destroy anything in its path.
Mad Charge: Same as The Hero mode in Patapon 2 The Destroyer, Kibadda will charge forward, scores many hits, moves back before charging forward again.
Illusion:Creates a doppelganger of himself which will rush forward to attack and obtain items, while the real Uberhero stays safely at the rear.
"This mighty warrior once parted the seas in a frenzied charge."
Computer and Komu KibaponsEdit
- Spiderton: A Kibaton General of the Zigotons.
- Silba: "He appears on horseback, riding where none dare tread! His form must be that of a true warrior!"
- Ladodon: "Clad in crimson, he shouts, when you see them, strike! Strike! Don't look away, strike! Strike! I don't care who I'm facing, just strike!!!"
- Magmag: "A long-serving hero with strong magic to freeze enemies. He's an aggressive attacker, contrary to what his cute name would suggest."
- Kibapons are the only advanced units which can wear helms as a normal unit, as Dekapons and Megapons can't wear helms no matter what.
- In the selection room before going out on a mission, Kibapons are holding the horse with their left hand, and the halberd is floating in mid-air.
- Kibapons and Toripons are the only units that rides an animal.
- Kibapons always look at their front, unlike other units who look at the screen (look at you) when idle or when marching.
- In the second and third game, they charge like other normal units, but in the first game, their horse jumps when charging.
- In Patapon 3, Kibadda gained shield, but Pyokorider remains shieldless like Kibapons in Patapon 1-2.