Taterazay to Level 7
Swords, Lances, Clubs
|“||Bearing Greatshields in both hands, these defensive specialists form an iron curtain.||”|
|— US In-game description|
Guardira is a shield unit featured in Patapon 3. He is a Greatshield Hero: a new kind of class which specializes in defense for your Patapons (as his name implies). He is a Mofu Tatepon, wearing a purple mask shaped like a sheep.
Guardira is level 7 when he is unlocked.
Guardira is unlocked when you level your Taterazay to level 7.
Guardira can use:
- Swords, Shields and Greatshields from unlocking.
- Clubs from level 10.
- Halberds from level 15.
Uberhero Mode: Mega ShieldSummons a huge shield that protects the rear lines. 10% of damage received by shield transfers to Uberhero. Activate: CHAKA CHAKA PATA PON
Combo: CHAKA CHAKA PATA PON
Upon entering Uberhero Mode, the Tatepon emblem appears above him. The ginormous size of his shield blocks most frontal attacks during Uberhero Mode, while only taking ten percent of the damage he receives. Also, the Uberhero is immune to critical damage while in Uberhero Mode. This shield can block almost all attacks, including Balrog's Shockwaves, which are normally piercing. This works well with Pingrek's and Bowmunk's Uberhero Modes, and Yarida's and Piekron's normal attacks, as it protects Pingrek's Healing Chateau, protects Bowmunk while he's healing with Freaky Tree and supports Yarida/Piekron, as their Leaping Spear Class Skill makes them jump high enough to get hit while attacking, leaving themselves open to dangerous airborn attacks such as the Cyclops' Rock Throw, which does potentially "Fatal damage. Also screams another Patapon language Like Taterazay's "Hikek" to 'Hekkaido" which means Bigger Shield. And with good greatshield and defense, defending with ChakaChaka is easy against Gheek Dongora's Charging Worm Attack as your Patapons will be safe from its 999999 damage (it becomes 0 damage to other units and less than half damage to the Uberhero).
Great Shield: Rams shield into enemies. Low damage, but high knockback.
Activates Hero Mode.
PONCHAKA ~ PONPON Song
Guardira charges towards the enemies, no matter what he has equipped. When he does that, he shouts, "Hyyyyaaa!". Has high Knockback ratio if equipped with a Greatshield.
Total immunity from stagger. Upgrade by repeatedly enduring stagger-inducing attacks. Fully upgrading this skill unlocks Anti-Knockback, and lets Taterazay use it.
Total immunity from knockback. Is unlocked by fully upgrading Anti-Stagger. Upgrade by repeatedly enduring knockback-inducing attacks. Fully upgrading this skill unlocks Anti-Sleep, and lets Taterazay use it.
Total immunity from sleep. Is unlocked by fully upgrading Anti-Knockback. Upgrade by repeatedly enduring sleep-inducing attacks. Fully upgrading this skill unlocks Anti-Poison, and lets Taterazay use it.
Total immunity from poison. Is unlocked by fully upgrading Anti-Sleep. Upgrade by repeatedly enduring poison-inducing attacks. Fully upgrading this skill lets Taterazay use it.
Affected Class Skills
Energy Field 10%
Skilled use of shield reduces melee damage by 10%! This skill cannot be upgraded by itself, but once Taterazay's Energy Field 10 skill is fully upgraded, Guardira gains access to it.
Energy Field 20%
Adapt use of shield reduces melee damage by 20%! Slight boost to Uberhero Skill Energy Field. Superior skill to Energy Field 10. This skill cannot be upgraded by itself, but once Taterazay's Energy Field 20 skill is fully upgraded, Guardira gains access to it.
Energy Field 30%Masterful use of shield reduces melee damage by 30%! Boost to Uberhero Skill Energy Field. Superior skill to Energy Field 20. This skill cannot be upgraded by itself, but once Taterazay's Energy Field 30 skill is fully upgraded, Guardira gains access to it.
Energy Field 40%
Astounding use of shield reduces melee damage by 40%! Large boost to Uberhero Skill Energy Field. Superior skill to Energy Field 30. This skill cannot be upgraded by itself, but once Taterazay's Energy Field 40 skill is fully upgraded, Guardira gains access to it.
Energy Field 50%
Ultimate shield-bearing Patapon! Reduces melee damage by 50%! Huge boost to Uberhero Skill Energy Field. Superior skill to Energy Field 40. This skill cannot be upgraded by itself, but once Taterazay's Energy Field 50 skill is fully upgraded, Guardira gains access to it.
Guardira originally equips three set skills. From level 20 he can equip another set skill, for a total of four set skills.
This skill doubles the stagger resistance of the user. Unlocked at level 8.
This skill doubles the knockback resistance of the user. Unlocked at level 15.
This skill doubles the sleep resistance of the user. Unlocked at level 25.
Hero Mode grants invulnerability to all attacks except those with burn effects, which cause instant death. Also, null burn and burn resistance are disabled. Learned at Level 32.
- Greatshields require two hands to operate. Because of this, Guardira cannot carry a weapon with a greatshield equipped, greatly reducing his attack power.
- Despite this, Guardira is able to equip Clubs, like Tondenga, which gives him a respectable amount of attack power.
- It doesn't matter if you are using a shield or greatshield, Guardira activates the same Hero Mode.
- Levelling up Taterazay alongside Guardira gives the latter the former's "Energy Field" Class Skills, and gives the former the latter's "Anti-Status Effect" Class Skills.
|7||0 - 0||1872||8|
|8||0 - 0||2376||9|
|9||0 - 0||2952||10|
|10||0 - 0||3600||11|
|11||0 - 0||4320||12|
|12||0 - 0||5112||13|
|13||0 - 0||5976||14|
|14||0 - 0||6912||15|
|15||0 - 0||7920||16|
|16||0 - 0||9000||17|
|17||0 - 0||10152||18|
|18||0 - 0||11376||19|
|19||0 - 0||12672||20|
|20||0 - 0||14040||21|
|21||0 - 0||15480||22|
|22||0 - 0||16992||23|
|23||0 - 0||18576||24|
|24||0 - 0||20232||25|
|25||0 - 0||21960||26|
|26||0 - 0||23760||27|
|27||0 - 0||25632||28|
|28||0 - 0||27576||29|
|29||0 - 0||29592||30|
|30||0 - 0||31680||31|
|31||0 - 0||33840||32|
|32||0 - 0||36072||33|
|33||0 - 0||38376||34|
|34||0 - 0||40752||35|
|35||0 - 0||43200||36|
|36||0 - 0||45720||37|
|37||0 - 0||48312||38|
|38||0 - 0||50976||39|
|39||0 - 0||53712||40|
|40||0 - 0||56520||41|
For more statistics, go to the Patapon 3 Uberhero Statistics page.
- The name Guardira is derived from the word "Guard" or "Guardian".
- Guardira, along with Taterazay and Bowmunk, have the lowest HP of all the Shield Class Uberheroes.
- Upon fully upgrading Guardira's Class Skills, he becomes immune to 4 status effects.
- Guardira has the highest Defense of all Uberheroes.
- The downside of his Set Skill "Peerless Sheep", seems to be linked to Mofu's vulnerability to fire.
- Guardira is the only class that can have nothing equipped in one equipment slot; only if it has a Greatshield equipped.
- Guardira is one of the only classes that can have total immunity over 5 different status effects at the same time without the set skill "Peerless Deer." He shares these immunities with Taterazay.
- If Guardira has obtained all his Class skills, equips a Fireblessed Shield (Burn immunity), a Clown Helm (Freeze immunity) and activates his Hero Mode (Critical immunity), he will be invulnerable to all status effects except Tumble, which is not as dangerous as the other Status Effects. Taterazay will also gain the similar benefits if Guardira's Class Skills are fully upgraded, and if Taterazay wields the same equipment.
- That's if Hero Mode did not remove fire resistance.
- A glitch may occur while activating Uberhero Mode and dying simultaneously. When it occurs, Megashield will spawn with you and will remain activated until Uberhero mode is activated normally. The spawned Megashield will give Guardira a defensive boost. After dying, Megashield will stay where you have died and block enemy attacks until you respawn again. Slogturtle has a similiar glitch.
- A glitch may occur if you don't use Guardira for too long. When the glitch occurs, Guardira is seen equipped with a shield but not with a weapon. Equipping another shield or weapon automatically makes Guardira equip a weapon again. If going on a mission, Guardira will not be able to deal any damage at all.
- Even though Guardira is mainly a defence-based class, with a weapon and a shield (attack-based shield to increase attacks (e.g Stinger/Alldemonium Shield), he can deal a large amount of damage with his charging attack, bashing his shield and attacking with a weapon.
- The Dolmorn Helm grants immunity to 4 status effects, which is a quick alternative to gaining status effect immunity to Guardira rather than having to level up his Class Skills.
- Guardira's horns are facing downwards, while Grenburr's horns are facing upwards. Both of their horns form an S-bend.
- With Taterazay, you can just sit back and keep using the DEFEND song as the Energy Field is activated when damage is being dealt to your units, unlike how Guardira has to march and defend and take damage from his Mega Shield.
- Guardira's mega shield is considered a structure type and will take extra damage from crush and strike blows.
- Guardira's mega shield can be penetrated by weapons that can penetrates structors, suchs as dokenel fang, lazors, etc. Oddly enough, Covet Hiss's penetrate class skill does NOT penetrate mega shield.
- With the right equipment, Guardira can reduce Light damage to 10%, which can be an effective way to protect yourself from cannogabangs who usually favor lazors. With the added critical immunity, you can be absorb damage quite well. Just don't forget, you can't stop lazors from hitting teamates. Your best bet is to push back the cannogabang as much as you can and allow your team to cover more ground.
- Mega shield can block Pyokorider's dopple ganger.
- Myamsars cannot immobilize you or deal x8 damage against you, if you are in uberhero mode.
- A great PvP tip is to equip Peerless Pig and increase your stamania as much as you can.
List of Uberheroes
|Spear Class:||Yarida - Kibadda - Piekron - Wooyari - Pyokorider - Cannassault - Charibasa|
|Shield Class:||Taterazay - Destrobo - Guardira - Tondenga - Myamsar - Bowmunk - Grenburr|
|Archer Class:||Yumiyacha - Alosson - Wondabarappa - Jamsch - Oohoroc - Pingrek - Cannogabang|