Giant equipment, or Heavy equipment, is a rare set of weapons in Patapon and Patapon 2. They look a little bigger than the other weapons and have black and white coloring. These weapons reduce the attack and move speed of the unit by about four seconds, however this is compensated with a big boost of damage, knockback and stagger. Giant equipment is obtained from bosses and battles, but bosses, such as Kacchindonga, tend to drop Giant equipment more frequently.
- The Morning Star "Giganto" description says that it allowed Dekapon to pulverize an entire mountain. The Dekapon memory states that Dekapon once pulverized a mountain with his hand, not with a club.
- There is no Giant equipment for Megapons or Mahopons.
- The Giant Spear's physical appearance changes between Patapon 1 and 2. The rest of the equipment keeps the same appearance.
- In Patapon 3, only the giant Sword "The Butcher" and the giant Shield "Octogon" are present, but the descriptions have changed. The Giant Bow 'Failnaught' appears as the Stagger Longbow.
- The Dekapon's Heavy Shoulder is outclassed by the Dragon Shoulder, the Dragon grants the same effects as the Heavy without reducing speed. The game will even equip a Dragon Shoulder over a Heavy when optimizing a squad. This is strange as Heavy armor is rarer than Dragon armor.