Ok, so being a new admin I'm eager to help out the wiki. But there is one thing I want to instate: User Hilite. This function will colour one's name in the "recent edits" bar. It is rank-based, so if you are an admin, or something else, your name will be a different colour. User Hilite will help newcomers by showing them who to go to for help. For an example, go here. Anyway, I think this would be a good feature to add, even for a small wiki like us. So, before I go ahead there are two things I need:
- A Community consensus- Well, I'm not gonna put this up on the wiki without any of your consent, so just leave a support or oppose comment below.
- Some colour ideas- We can have Admins any colour we want, same with bots (which we don't have), VSTF, helpers, staff (since when do they come to this wiki?) and Bureaucrats.
Vote below and give us your opinion! You may also leave a comment in the comments section. Tell us which colours you think should be used!20:18, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
and-- 20:52, December 28, 2011 (UTC)
Please don't vote if you don't have a clear understanding of what User Hilite is.
Make sure you remember to sign your comments.
Colours EditNote: Normal editors cannot have their names hilited, the lowest postion that I will hilite is Chat moderators (so no rollback-only). And, the colors Red and Black can't be used to prevent confusion. 05:40, December 29, 2011 (UTC)
- After thinking this through a bit, I think this would make a very good colour scheme:
- Rollbacks/Chat Mods: #B23AEE (light purple)
- Admins: #00FF00 (lime green)
- Bureaucrats: #FF8C00 (orange)
- Staff: #FFFF00 (gold-yellow)
- My Opinion:
Normal Users - Orange | Rollbacks - Red | Admins - Blue | Bureaucrats - Dark Teal (Teal is blue-green)3 out of 4 of those can't be used 05:20, December 29, 2011 (UTC)
- Rottenlee Ravenous: I think I have good Ideas: