| I can explain this, great Kami! This is nothing more than… a construction project.
This page is under construction. It needs editing and some grammar corrections. Please contribute in helping this page.
How to activate Debug ModeEdit
To activate Debug Mode, press Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right L R quickly in order while in Patapolis and you'll hear a sound. Press Square to access the menu while in Patapolis.
The debug menu was available in developer builds of the game, but since they were never released to the public (the closest we have got to the earliest build was the Multiplayer Demo), we will never be able to use them unless someone finds a leaked developer version somewhere, or hacks the game files.
There is currently no known way to activate debug mode in the full version of Patapon 3.
The Options (Patapolis)Edit
BATTLEEditAllows access to various Missions in the game. They don't have names, but are identified by numbers. Select one to enter the headquarters and prepare for the mission.
Allows you to select any boss in the game. They are identified by S-BOSS (Singleplayer), and M-BOSS (Multiplayer). Again, the selections don't have names, so guesswork is required.
SET MISSION FLAGEdit
This will edit the level you are currently up to in the story. It has the options CAMP, BOSS, and ALL HUNT. Be warned though that this can in some cases break the game by altering your story progress. You have been warned.ALL HUNT unlocks every single location on the map, even places you could only go to once. These places normally have UK_NODATA as their title, and usually contain a chest with a Minigame cap inside followed by the goal.
ITEMEditYou can add weapons, supplies, key items and songs from here. There is an "add all" selection that adds every single item to your inventory.
Select any class you want and it will be added to your collection. You can also use this to give yourself a Hero before you find them.
You can also max out all the Rarepons on your team here aswell.
Select which Miracle you want and it'll be instantly added to your collection.
Add or take away 10000 Ka-ching respectively.
Want to play a minigame you haven't unlocked yet unlock, all tips, or rename your hero? You can do so here.
When renaming your hero, you can have his name a maximum of 6 letters long!
SET SIMPLE DEBUGEdit
This also adds a new option to MISSION that is called ENABLE BOSS DEBUG. It doesn't seem to simplify the menu at all.
DEBUG MENU LOCKEdit
Done with the menu? Select this and it'll disable the menu until you perform the code again.
We only have one video of this in action, and it doesn't go into much depth. It only shows off so little.
The Options (In Mission)Edit
The code to get this to work is a bit picky; it varies on region. In EU, you need to press Square and L together to bring up the menu. You also need to have the main debug code activated in Patapolis.
Gives you options to end the current mission.
Shows the results screen, like you've won.
Basically the same as quitting.
Instant win button.
CHANGE WEATHER AEdit
Has various weather options. Has SHINY, RAINY, SNOWY, and STORM. Each one apart from STORM has a 0, 1, and 2 state.
CHANGE WEATHER BEdit
More various weather effects to play with. FOG, and SAND are here with 0, 1, 2, and 3 versions. There is also CATACLYSMIC that causes all weather effects to start at once. Rain and Snow can fall at the same time, with lightning!
Starts your current selected Miracle.
ENABLE ALL SOUND COMMANDEdit
Unlocks all commands without having to beat the missions to find them.
DEBUG MENU LOCKEdit
- The Debug Mode is only useable with the European version of Patapon 2. You also cannot use it on saves that you have created in the Demo.
- Some stages will cause your game to crash, be careful.
- "CATACLYSMIC" weather can be used in conjunction with fog or sandstorm, despite having rain. This will make a challenging weather combination if you do want to cheat anything else in.
- You can advance through the entire game without the Hero by skipping the mission that you obtain him.
- You can get four squads in your army if you do this.
- After fighting Goruru/Gorl once through debug, it will have its own battle mission in the Obelisk that replaces "Hunting on Tochira Beach", the first hunting mission.
- If you decide to max out your Rarepons' level, its stats get reset to a level 1 normal Patapon, so remember to reselect the Rarepon.
- Paraget missions played with the normal army will cause the game to crash.
- The Debug Code can acually be activated in certain places of the game other than Patapolis. One of these is Return of the God.